01 March 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

I must admit my partiality concerning my dear Natalie Portman and her Black Swan. The sweetest actress in Hollywood since lovely Audrey Hepburn did deserve the award for such a performance and justice has been done; she's been picked as best actress in a leading role.

It's a pity Black Swan itself didn't get the statuette, but the King has given his speech and, as it seems, it must have been really successful, since it got not only best picture but also best actor in a leading role (Colin Firth) and best direction (Tom Hooper), not to mention best original screenplay. Can't wait to see it!

Both best actor and actress in a supporting role (Christian Bale and Melissa Leo, respectively) have come from The Fighter; rush and you may still be able to see it in a nearby movie theater.

For those who are keen on animations, Toy Story 3 has come as a revival and it seems it is to stay. It grabbed the award for animated feature film as well as original song (We Belong Together).

Now, you're the jury! Do you agree or disagree with the Academy? Were you surprised at any of the winners?

Leave your comments below!

XXX
Sabrina

P.S.: Just click on the links to watch the official trailers.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, dear Sabrina!

    I love movies, since I was a kid. So, I have always watched the Oscar´s ceremony.This year didn´t have surprises about the winers, maybe for the fact that all of them had been choosen like winers, before the Oscar,by members
    of the jury of their respectives syndicates( actors, directors etc...)
    Even so, I watched from begining to the end.
    About the presentation of Kirk Douglas, I have to say that caused emotion to see his sense of humor : it was amazing.
    My opinion about the winers´speechs is:very
    longs and similars; should be avoided.
    The artists were , almost of them, well dressed.
    Next week, I intend to watch some of the indicated movies.
    XOXO
    LEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the contribution, Leo! I also intend to watch some of the nominated films during carnival. I even intend to rewatch Black Swan, which is now in my list of favourites!!!
    BTW, have you seen how gorgeous Sandra Bullock was? What a dress! I love red.
    Love.
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete