18 February 2011

It's Valentine's Time!

We know that love is in the air during this period of the year due to Valentine's Day. Maybe that's why I feel like talking about it today. : )

How many expressions related to love do you know?
Take a look at some of them:

Love at first sight - used when you immediatelly fall in love with sb.
To fall in love - to be in love with sb. No way out. ;-)
To see, to date, to go steady - This is very nice 'cause it shows us exactly what stage the relationship's in. First, you start seeing sb, but it's nothing serious at all. Then, you start dating, that is, things are getting more serious. Finally, you go steady. This means your relationship is now official. (What a process!)
To light up sb's life - to make sb feel well and smile. You can say: Honey, you light up my life!
To drive sb crazy - It means you do want / love sb. Loads of passion involved!
Your better half - it refers to your beloved one.
Perfect match / Soul mate - the person who completes and fulfils you.
You're too good to be true - It means the person is so incredible you can't believe, it's like a dream come true (this can also be used).

To close, I'll share with you a song which has been recorded by many people in love. This version was taken from the film Ten Things I Hate about You. Click here and enjoy!

XXX
Sabrina

7 comments:

  1. This is te song that was playing right in the moment my daughter was coming up to this world, at the Perintal delivery room!!!.
    So good to be true....rsrsrs..

    Sabry, to talk about your post, just after you get me a boyfriend, ok? ;-)

    XXXX,
    Radhika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story, Radhe!
    Cocerning the boyfriend...
    LOLLL!!!
    I've already been looking for somebody...
    Anyway, ur prize for contributing to the last post is waiting for u!
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm....I thought the prize was a boyfriend! rsrs

    I want my prize!!!!
    How can I get it?????
    This weekend I'm with the girls...
    Let's think about something to do on the next!

    XXX!
    Radhe Radhe Radhe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have just read these words that reminded me of your Valetine's post:

    Tão bom morrer de amor e continuar vivendo.
    Mário Quintana

    Mario is one of THE MEN we fortunatelly know!

    Radharani

    ReplyDelete
  5. O amor é um sentimento eterno...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite love song is this one from rihanna called crazy little thing called love :

    Boy you got me catching feelings
    Got me thinking baby your the one
    I didn't understand the reason
    That my heart was beating like a drum
    I didn't understand the meaning
    Then you opened up my eyes to
    A crazy little thing called love

    ReplyDelete
  7. we can make our top 10 of love songs ! let me do mine:

    1- My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
    2- She - Elvis Costello
    3- I Can't Live If Living Is Without You - Mariah Carey
    4- If I Ain't Got You - Usher & Alicia Keys
    5- No Air - Chris Brown & Jordin Sparks
    6- Long Distance - Bruno Mars
    7- Grenade - Bruno Mars
    8- Hero - Enrique Iiglesias
    9- Wish You Were Here - Lady Gaga
    10- Obsessed - Miley Cyrus

    hope u guys like it (:

    ReplyDelete